Fill Your Mind with Things that Are True!








Truth is all that matters in this world we live in. God is Truth! God is the only way and light.  Today when I was driving as I listened to my Christian Radio station, KLove, the DJ said to "fill your mind with things that are true." This stuck with me as something so profound. We live in an age where so much is fake, phony, pretentious, and selfish and you almost never see, hear, or know the truth anymore. The news is all sensationalized to the degree we never know if it is fact or truth. There are always so many sides and opinions, but what is fact and the truth? All the news offers so many opinions now more so than facts and what the actual truth is. I heard once that they say you should always tell the truth so that you do not have to remember what you said. It is so true. So many people say so much and then end up looking more like hypocrites and you question the truth. The Bible and Torah both talk a lot about truth and how God is truth. Today however, so many never want to hear this. So many dismiss God from their lives.They forget about the Ten Commandments, morals, and ethics. Many today do not even want to follow any rules or laws in our society and make up their own or live by "rules are for everybody else except for me and I can do what I want." The truth today is blurred so much. It seems almost as if when someone speaks the truth, they are in the wrong or disliked. People do not want to hear the truth anymore. However, the truth will set you free! I like what Gabrielle Carteris said at an awards show a few years ago, "Truth is Power!" I think this is so true. I actually knew and worked for her father many years ago on Cape Cod in his restaurant. He was a wonderful man. When we live by the truth we never have to worry about anything ever! Truth is power and as you can see from all the quotes above it has been pondered for years. The truth is a miracle given to us by God and we need to honor and respect that always as people of God. Speak hope, speak life, speak love,  and speak the truth! 

Comments