Let Our Words be Life, Let Our Words be Truth, Don't Say a Word Unless it Points the World Back to God!

 

Hawk Nelson - Words on YouTube

"Be careful of the words you say,
Keep them short and sweet.
You never know, from day to day,
Which ones you'll have to eat."
—Anonymous

I have loved this song since the first time I heard it a few years ago. I think it is so beautiful and so true. We need to watch how we use our words. Sometimes we can use words to do positive things and other times to be negative, sometimes our words hurt others or we regret what we have said. Sometimes, we are glad we spoke up or said our peace or helped to make someone grow and be more ethical or moral. Words and how we use them are like our attitudes, we need to be careful how we react and say things in a mean or reactive way.  Proverbs 16:24 says: "Kind words are like honey--sweet to the taste and good for your health." I have heard it said that you should always speak sweet words because if they are bitter and you have to swallow them they will not be pleasant. We need to watch what we say and how we say. We need to be authentic and have a good attitude, not reactive. Some of the words from this song say:

"They've made me feel like a prisoner
They've made me feel set free
They've made me feel like a criminal
Made me feel like a king
They've lifted my heart
To places I'd never been
And they've dragged me down
Back to where I began...
...You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear...
...God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear...
...Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out
Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You"

We are all guilty of using our words for good and bad. We need to be careful and always try to speak the truth, speak life, and always point all our words back to Him! Let Him help you speak and help with all decisions in life. Words really can be miracles or curses, so let's try to make them miracles as much as possible! I hope you liked the song and thoughts here! God bless you all! 



Comments