The Miracle of Birds: My Mother Always Loved Birds and Now I Do Too!

 

My mother had these bird pictures for many years. 


Our friends and Bill and Dale gave us this bird picture from the newspaper and we framed it. 

My mom did this needle point of the Cardinal



My bookshelf of many birds, my mom had this Avon Bird it had perfume in it. 

These colorful owls come from Colombia, Fernando Rueda hand-makes and paints them. 

We had this Cuckoo Clock in our house since I was a kid.  

My new cross with birds on it. My mom loved cardinals and Blue Jays. 

I gave some of these to my mom. My Aunt Illa gave me the brass birds when I had my first apartment. 


My mother always loved birds. She had a lot of bird pictures and bird knickknacks  all over the house. I have some of them now. She had this old Cuckoo Clock from Germany and she even did the needle point of the Cardinal. She loved Cardinals and Blue Jay a lot. I have been given a lot of birds and owls over the years too. My sister gave me this owl night light. My friend Alice from Mexico City gave me this big wooden carved owl from Mexico City when she came to Alabama and I completed my doctorate degree, it was a gift and appropriate since I had taken a job at FAU as a professor and their mascot is an owl. I have quite a few bird and owl pictures and knickknacks now in my house which I love. I often see birds everyday and when one comes close I often think it is the Spirit of my mother. I like crosses and have one in most rooms in my house and saw this one with birds on it recently for $5 so had to have it with all my other birds.  I like the quote on this bottom bird picture, "Wherever you go, always bring your own sunshine." There is something very special about birds! 

Comments