I am So Enjoying My Sabbatical This Year from Work--Freedom and Spiritual Growth Are So Critical: A Miracle and Blessing This Year!

 



My friend and former colleague was asking me today how I was enjoying my freedom. Being on sabbatical is so nice. It is nice not to have to teach or go to any meetings or have major work responsibilities other than my own research protocol.  I haven't had a sabbatical for quite a few years and applied the past two years, then last year they approved for this year. What a blessing, especially since the pandemic and all, I had no idea when I applied, but it is nice to be off. A real blessing, almost a miracle so I do not have to go in or teach in person or be present and be so much at risk. 

I enjoy my daily routine of the beach and prayers. I am doing a lot of writing both my research for work and also some creative things with another book and my websites here. I think the break has really helped to distress and be more spiritual and away from the normal routine. This is so important sometimes. Life cannot be all work and no play. I am lucky to have been a teacher now for going on 34 years, 25 at my university. I have gone through the ranks of professorship and made it through to full professor. I have published something like 85 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters, and have done like over a hundred presentations, locally to internationally. I was fortunate to teach overseas twice in Mexico and in Colombia. 

This sabbatical is so relaxing and peaceful. No stress and I am able to pray a lot and feel closer to God. I am counting my blessings everyday for the recharge and down time and peace I get to feel while on my sabbatical. Getting closer to what really matters in life!  What a blessing and miracle from God! 






Comments