I Love Doing Sudoku's: A Real Blessing to Do Each Day--Joy! I Created a Few Using Some of the Greek Alphabet


I love doing Sudoku's! I do one each day or more. Usually at night before bed. My mom used to say she liked to do them at night as they helped her to get sleepy and sleep. My mom loved them and my dad used to do several crossword puzzles each day. Some people like one over the other it seems, or one or the other. My friend Marilyn is kind enough to cut them out and give them to me, so I always have a stash of them to do.  I had been thinking for a while about how since Sudoku's are not really math, they just use the numbers as symbols to deduct and eliminate so that all symbols fit into the little squares and horizontals and verticals. I decided to make up two with some of the Greek Alphabet since they are using it now for the Hurricanes since they used all the named storms and are using Greek letters. The 4 x 4 is easy, the traditional sized one may take more time, but maybe you will like it and have fun with it. Below is the Greek Alphabet in case you forgot it, I didn't use all of them in the Sudoku's I made. The 4 x 4 uses 4 letters and the 9 x 9 uses 9 of the Greek letters. 
Enjoy!

Greek Alphabet

#/Form

Phonetic Value

Name

1    Α, α

papa, father

Alpha

2    Β, β

bed

Beta

Γ, γ

go, sing

Gamma

3    Δ, δ

do

Delta

4    Ε, ε

met

Epsilon

Ζ, ζ

adze

Zeta

Η, η

prey

Eta

Θ, θ

thin

Theta

Ι, ι

pin, machine

Iota

5     Κ, κ

kill

Kappa

6     Λ, λ

land

Lambda

7     Μ, μ

men

Mu

Ν, ν

now

Nu

Ξ, ξ

wax

Xi

Ο, ο

obey

Omicron

8    Π, π

pet

Pi

Ρ, ρ

run

Rho

Σ, σ, ς

sit

Sigma

Τ, τ

tell

Tau

Υ, υ

French u, German ό

Upsilon

Φ, φ

graphic

Phi

Χ, χ

German buch

Chi

Ψ, ψ

hips

Psi

9      Ω, ω

tone

Omega

Comments

Popular Posts