Happy Dia de Los Muretos-All Souls Day!

 


My friend Robin gave me this Dia de Los Muertos craft back when we lived in Mexico City teaching at the American School there. Today is All Souls Day, in Mexico they say Dia De Los Muertos. They celebrate by decorating all with skeletons like above with them working out. I always have gone to the gym, so Robin bought this for me as I was always going to the gym.  In Mexico they bring to the dead grave sites the deceases' favorite foods on this day and remember them with jokes and love. I am remembering my mom, dad, Aunt Illa, and Uncle Ralph who just passed away a few weeks ago. We have lost a lot of our parents' generation now, so it is just all of us kids now and cousins and nieces and nephews. It is a time to say thanks for all the loved ones we lost and pray for their souls and ask them to look out for us. Many are saints in Heaven now and were on Earth when they were with us and we didn't know it then perhaps. Bless them and I say thank you for all the blessings and miracles you all gave all of us. Rest in Peace and we all look forward to reuniting soon in eternity.  

Comments

Popular Posts