A Blessing: Tis a Gift to Be Simple

                                       



I have always loved Little House on the Prairie and the life and legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder! I love the quote by her about the simple things in life being the best and most important, like being home and being with family. I still watch the show daily when I see it on Hallmark or Cozi TV. It has been one of my favorites as a child and still is. I have read some of her books. I like the one called Farmer Boy when talks about her husband growing up in Malone, New York, since my mother is from Malone as well. This show lasted about nine years. Many stories were from Laura Ingalls Wilder's books. I have always like Melissa Gilbert who played Laura and Michael Landon who played her father Charles. I really like and think this shows something simple and family oriented and touched my soul and still do.  I grew up in the country in Sauquoit, New York and we had a small farm and chickens, cows, goats, rabbits to name a few, we actually named our whole chicken coup of chickens after the Ingalls. There is a folk or Amish song I like too called Simple Gifts, it goes like this, "Tis a gift to be simple tis a gift to be free, tis a gift to come down where you ought to be and when you find yourself in a place just right, you will be in the valley of love and delight!" We need to keep it simple and enjoy the simple things in life like Laura Ingalls Wilder speaks about. The simple things in life are the true blessings in our lives! 




Comments