Please God, Not Man, Be a Servant of Jesus Christ!

 


Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to 
please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

-Galatians 1:10




Joel Osteen sent this Bible verse this week to me. I receive one each day Monday through Friday as part of his Today's Word. I really enjoy reading them each day. This one stood out for me this week. I think it is so true, we as humans need to remember that we do not have to win the approval or seek out or have to please other human beings. We need to please God. God wants us all to be more like Jesus Christ when he walked the Earth over 2000 years ago. When we try to please people, we will only be disappointed, either them in us or us in them. We all need to remember that while we all need to try to be more like Jesus Christ, we are here to serve, but what is most important is to love God and please Him. He wants to be a part of our lives. Our lives are only important when we have God in them. You do not need to make others happy or try to please them or bend over backward kissing butts or trying to make people like you! Don't try so hard! People will disappoint you and you will disappoint them from time to time, but realize what is most important and the real miracle and blessing here on Earth, that is to find God, hold Him in your heart, and seek only His approval, then you will be the servant in Christ He wants you to be. 








Comments