Do Not Allow Quarrels, Be a Peacemaker, Speak the Truth Even if It Hurts, Insist on Being a Person of Honor and Good Will!

 


The start of a quarrel is like a leak in a dam, so stop it before it bursts.

-Proverbs 17:14

Joel's Osteen's prayer today was apropos for since yesterday someone started a quarrel with me. I tried to stay calm and just speak the truth and not get heated, although they did. When people ignore you, when they ignore problems and they are the ones in charge, and just ignore you and all, by definition it is called being ignorant. Some people today can be cowards and bullies, they can ignore you and talk bad about you, they like to start trouble and quarrels as they think they are above the law, have more power, or are somehow, more important than anyone else. I always try to take the high road, I do not like strife or fighting. Sometimes however you do have to speak the truth and show people the truth and how silly they are behaving or how they are not assuming responsibility for their roles and actions. I try to keep my mouth closed, but when someone comes up and just verbally attacks you, you may have to speak the truth and let them see it in themselves, it may be hard for them, but it is better they hear the truth. I try to stay in peace, not speak out much, and pray for peace and harmony. I like law and order and do not like mediocrity, but it seems so many in leadership today, do not enforce laws or rules, and they allow so much mediocrity as so called leaders. The prayer below is a nice prayer to say daily and remind us of taking the high road, be that blessing, and not allow strife and ignorance from people to upset you as you live. Enjoy the Bible verse and prayer and try to stay in peace always! It is never easy, do the best and take the high road always work toward being a peacemaker! Like calm waters in the ocean or canal, try to maintain the waters calm in your being, not letting strife and quarrels creep in. 

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise of blessedness when I take the high road and am a peacemaker in relationships. Give me wisdom to know when to keep my mouth closed and overlook something that bothers me. I recognize the destructive power of strife and give no place for it. In Jesus Name, Amen.”




Comments