We are Blessed When We Grow with Age and Become Better People!

 




 " I turned away from God, but then I was sorry. I kicked myself for my 
stupidity! I was thoroughly ashamed of all I did in my younger days."

-Jeremiah 31:19

I saw these two quotes today, one from the Bible and one from a famous fighter, Mohammad Ali. It think it is true, when we are young, we do a lot of stupid things, we make a lot of mistakes, and sin a lot. I am always trying to grow and be a better person, I have noticed this now for year, I keep trying to be better day after day and reflect on all. When I was young I did a lot of crazy things, drinking, smoking, going out to clubs, being selfish and not thinking about my family and people around me. I think I always knew right from wrong, my parents did a good job raising us and I went to church my whole life, I have always been drawn to God even at a young age. I loved my faith, first communion, confirmation, exploration with other religions, having God help me through college and my career. I have grown a lot! Last weekend we went to confession, I hardly sin anymore. Sometimes I may swear or lose my temper or get angry, but I try to be faithful, go to church, be as Christian-like as possible. It looks like Mohammad Ali thought about this before too that we need to grow as human beings, we need to change our ways, repent, and turn around our lives, so to not make God grieve! What is beautiful about this is we can repent, change our ways, and God forgives us and does not hold this against us when we finally get on the right track. We want to make Him happy, to please Him, to follow His teachings and commandments, and to live our lives the best we can as saintly, upright, holy, and godly as we can. To be good people and to continue to grow as we age. We are more blessed and have a much happier and more fulfilled life when we do. 
























Comments