Blessed to Focus More on Happiness and Less on Ambition!

When ambition ends, happiness begins.

-Hungarian Proverb

I saw this quote today in my positive quotes book I read! It said it was a Hungarian proverb, how nice! I have a few friends from Hungary, Rose and Angela, both very nice older ladies. There was also a famous mathematician famous for problem solving, the Father of Problem Solving in fact, George Polya. Online it says the quote comes from Thomas Merton, but I am not sure, my book just said Hungarian Proverb. Anyway, it is a nice message to live by. We need to stop focusing on and being so driven by ambition and drive and doing and gaining more and more stuff, money, power, material things, we as humans do this a lot, we get so obsessed with the material things of this Earth School, we forget how to really live and enjoy this Earth School, all of what God gave us here. Like the beach, family, faith, and nature as a whole. Happiness comes from so many things, when we stop trying to be ambitious and achieve and gain from this world. We need to stop our ambitions toward money, power, and titles. It just is not healthy! I want to focus more on my happiness and peace. To be filled with the Holy Spirit always and to be God-centered and at peace mostly. Work is fine, I loved being a teacher and professor for the past 35 years, it has been rewarding to teacher and prepare teachers and write, research, and publish so much, I have done a lot. I have loved all my students, and love my teaching and writing. I have never had an interest in administration or leadership, my leadership is shown in my teaching. My classroom with my students is my strength and what I like. I never wanted to compromise my principles being an administrator, who most are not competent nor qualified, and are weak leaders for the most part. I have done a lot, and I am proud of that all. I now think of retirement, less work in my professor, more on my hobbies, like my books, faith, church, and interests like being prolife. While it is good to have dreams and ambitions, it is nice to be happy and not strive so hard, that we lose focus on what is important, like family, God, nature, and our true happiness and sense of being. We are more blessed when we focus more on happiness and less on ambition! 















Comments