Walking with the Wise!

Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.

-Proverbs 13:20

I have always liked this idea and Bible verse. Joel Osteen sent it today and talks about it a lot in his books and preaching's. He is so right. I have learned over the years to do the same and distance myself from negative and hateful people, people who are not good to be around and can make your life negative or unproductive. I love the prayer that Joel sent today too, see below, it is a great one! We need to surround ourselves with positive and wise people, people of good will who are not hateful, negative, deranged, or are a drag on our lives. I am reading a book from a doctor and he says we need to even select our M.D. by asking them first if they are a Christian, that this is important. I really agree. Many can talk the talk, but even priests do not walk the walk, there are many good priests like Father Frank Pavone, but some can really be indifferent and unJesus like. We need to keep the peace, stay in prayer, find refuge in God always, and walk with the wise, we do not need trouble by associating ourselves with fools, like the Bible verse says. We are more blessed when we hang with the wise, or the Bible, or by ourselves instead of negative and hateful fools. Enjoy the prayer from Joel below! Walk with the right people! 





A Prayer for Today By Joel Osteen

“Father, thank You for the people in my life who sharpen me, inspire me, and push me forward. Help me to know the friendships I need to distance myself from and the friendships and other relationships I need to develop. I want to walk with the right people. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”









Comments