Praying Daily for So Many Others and the World as a Whole!

Without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers. 

- Romans 1:9

I really liked the Mornings With God prayer from yesterday, it was very nice and a good reminder about prayer and praying for others, not just ourselves. On the app, it said, "We do not pray enough for others. The tendency of closet or solitary prayer is that we pray only for ourselves. We need to guard against this. No selfishness is quite so unworthy as selfishness when we are at God’s throne of grace. Especially should we pray for our friends. No matter how much we may do for them in practical ways, ministering to them, advancing their interests, speaking on their behalf, showing them kindnesses, if we do not pray for them we have failed in friendship’s most important duty. We need to give careful thought also to the matter of our prayers for our friends – the things we ask for them. If they are sick, we ask that they may recover, perhaps not thinking to ask also that blessing may come to them in and through their sickness. Our prayers for those we love should always include the things that are indeed the best – God’s best: that God’s will may be done in them, that they may grow in grace and have the image of Christ imprinted on their lives." It is so true. I always pray daily for others, my family, spouse, our families, coworkers, friends, and people we know from all other places we lived before, for our priests, for the elected, and so called leaders and greedy, corrupt, and fraudulent bad people and sharks who do so much to hurt others. We see so much greed and self-serving from our elected today. They put Martha Stewart in jail, yet they are elected and do the same thing. They seem so self-serving and do not represent the people of have any integrity. They break the law and act like they are above all. It is sad we have so many bad examples of elected and so called leaders and administration today in our society.  I pray for all of them. I pray for an end to abortion and the death penalty, that we save babies. I pray for people in jail and all criminals who hurt others, the homeless, the jobless, the hopeless, the addicts who cannot get control of their drinking, drugs, gambling, and other vices and hurt others and themselves. I pray for the elderly who are all alone, the single people who want to have a partner, the young who are often so misguided and off track. I pray for my Godmother, my aunts, my cousins, and nieces and nephews, all my relatives. I pray for all in purgatory, my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, all relatives and people I know who have passed that I pray they can all get into Heaven. We all need to pray for others and this world! The world needs our prayers! 





















Comments