Not Forsaking God's Mercy for Things of This World!

 


“Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them."

-Jonah 2:8

Jonah's Prayer

…As my life was fading away, I remembered the LORD. My prayer went up to You, to Your holy temple. Those who cling to worthless idols forsake His loving devotion. But I, with the voice of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to You. I will fulfill what I have vowed. Salvation is from the LORD!”


I love this Bible verse and the prayer from Jonah! What a blessing and great reminder. We need to remember not to be consumed by things of this world. Not the idols, material, carnal, and any other vanities here. What is most important is God and following Him, trusting Him, knowing Him! His mercy is so great, He loves us so much! I want to put all my trust in Him a lone and receive all His mercy, love, blessings, and a future to spend in Heaven with Him when I leave this Earth School! 














Comments