Our Blessed Virgin Mary Mother Statue, A Miracle of Hope and Peace from my Michelangelo Spouse of Great Talent!

 


We love our new old used Mother Mary statue of the Blessed Mother. We bought the statue a few weeks ago from a couple in Palm Bay, it was at the house they had bought recently and they did not want it. We had looked and looked, it was hard to find one, even new, they are small and not heavy or cement like. This one is more than 4 feet tall. They said this was an antique, not sure about that, it was very dirty with lots of grime and mold growing on it from being outside for many years. My spouse cleaned it all up and then bought paints and wanted to paint it, it looked like it had only paints of bronze or gold originally, but my spouse wanted it with the colors that Mary is known for in many prayer cards, photos, and other famous statues, so has been painting it while on vacation for the past few weeks. I had not idea what a Michelangelo my spouse is, such a talent for painting. It is turning out so nice. We are reluctant to even put it outside. I bought a Virgin of Guadalupe statue many years ago and I had it in my cactus garden out in the corner of my property, I bought it as we had so many Mayan, Mexican, and Guatemalan people living in our community and I thought they would like it, but it was stolen after only a short time of placing it in the garden. Some people do not like religious statues as they think it is sacrilegious or not right to honor an image. Catholics do not believe that as we honor the Holy one, not the image, the image is just a reminder of that saint or Holy one. It really is a miracle how beautifully painted my spouse was able to honor our precious Holy Mother the way we have. I saw Hail Mary's constantly throughout the day. St. Michael's too. So many prayers. I want to stay in constant prayer with God! We are blessed by His love, forgiveness, and mercy. He has been so good to us! And now with Mary! 



















Comments