Blessed are all the Souls Who are Now in the Hands of God, Today They are at Peace!

 

The souls of the just are in the hand of God,
    and no torment shall touch them.
They seemed, in the view of the foolish, to be dead;
    and their passing away was thought an affliction
    and their going forth from us, utter destruction.
But they are in peace.
For if before men, indeed, they be punished,
    yet is their hope full of immortality;
chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed,
    because God tried them
    and found them worthy of himself.
As gold in the furnace, he proved them,
    and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself.
In the time of their visitation they shall shine,
    and shall dart about as sparks through stubble;
they shall judge nations and rule over peoples,
    and the Lord shall be their King forever.
Those who trust in him shall understand truth,
    and the faithful shall abide with him in love:
because grace and mercy are with his holy ones,
    and his care is with his elect.

~Wisdom 3:1-9

I pray for my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, all my relatives each day that they all get to Heaven and are at peace. There is a nice Purgatory Prayer I like and say daily. I loved this mass reading today from Wisdom. What a nice blessing to know and hear this today to know all those that have passed are with God and are at peace. God has them in His hands. He is so good to us! He is my King forever. I am blessed my parents brought us up Catholic and to go to church and know Jesus. It was a blessing that has helped me get through so much in life. Like the loss of my parents. I knew one grandfather, who I have his middle name, and I knew my mothers grandmother, Bertha, she was so sweet. She loved making homemade bread and knitted mittens for us each winter for Christmas. She loved my mother so much and us too. I have so many found memories of all my aunts and uncles, even my fathers aunts and uncles, like Aunts Katherine, Agnes, Uncle Gene and Martha, so many. My mom's sister Illa was a big part of our lives, as she never had kids so we were her's in a way to spoil and do nice things for. They are all gone now, all wonderful souls, God has them now. I pray we all meet again in Heaven to spend eternity with Jesus. I love the Bible verse today as it put me at peace with all. It is nice to celebrate All Souls Day, and all we lost who have gone before us, who loved us, and if it were not for them all we would not be here. Rest in peace all my dear loved one. I am blessed to have you all in my life and memories. 






















Comments

Popular Posts