Do it With Love Anyway!

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Inscribed on the wall of Mother Teresa's children's home in Calcutta.

― St. Mother Teresa

I am reminded of this quote by St. Mother Teresa about doing it anyway. We do so much for other  people, but often many do not appreciate it nor could care less if you did something for them or not. So many today are so indifference or apathetic and just really do not care. Not many people care much about anything today. St. Mother Teresa knew this and said this above. I do things out of love. I write texts to my family and friends, many just ignore me or do not respond. I write to old family and relatives that even my father knew, asking questions and showing an interest, yet not sure they care either. I call my only left aunt and Godmother, they seem to appreciate it. I bring flowers to my neighbor at Christmas, and they do not even want to open the door, just leave them on the porch. I have helped so many younger colleagues with writing and helping them get started, most do not do anything and I have to do it all, they just are not engaged or really care. My spouse is the only one I can really count on mostly who I know really cares. Even my spouse said who works at a school, many teachers are like this too, he found one teacher threw out all the cards and Christmas gifts his students gave him, just threw them all in the trash can, didn't bother to take them home.  When we do something, we need to do it with love anyway, even if the other party does not appreciate it or care or not. We are doing it all for God, it is between He and I, not them. We need to do it all for God and do it all out of love for Him! It often hurts when people do not appreciate it, but it is good to do it anyway! We need to let all that we do be done with love! 




























Comments