We are Nothing Without Love!

 

 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

~John 13:34-35

I love this Bible verse. I so agree with it. Jesus and Paul both talk a lot about this in the Bible, that this is one of the most important things to do in life is love one another. We are nothing without love, without charity. We see so much hate and indifference today in our country and world. So much cancel culture and dismissiveness of others, it is sad to see. I know I see it in my life. Even our old priest would ignore us and was so indifferent and we would see him in church and at the gym and he would completely ignore us, would have nothing to do with us. I often write to family, friends, and old colleagues. Some write back, but today I see more and more, so many just ignore you, or never bother to text you back, even when you send them a happy birthday text, even from family, it is sad to see, they cannot even say "thanking for thinking of me." Some family members they do not even want you to have their telephone number. It happens from work too, I try to stay in touch with coworkers and retired colleagues, but some just ignore you and cannot be bothered with you, even when you show concern or care for them. What kind of a world are we living in now? How can people just cancel others the way they do? How does any of this make any sense? Many I found lack God, they have their insecurities and hate can be deep, this is hurtful for them and our society. We need to love nonetheless and care anyway, although they may not. We really are nothing without love! My spouse and I work so hard, try to be kind and loving to all, but we both see it at work, most do not care, most just use, abuse, and take advantage of you, and just dismiss you, are so indifferent and could care less. God gave us Jesus as an example of how to live, of how to love, we need to live with Jesus in our hearts! So many operate today without God, without the Holy Spirit within, they are like zombies on this Earth School, like the walking dead, without the Spirit of God, without love. We really are nothing without love!  We are all called to be disciples to love one another! 









































Comments