To Each One God Allots a Part, and if We do our Own Work, God asks Nothing More!

 

It was in my mind to build an house: ... but the word of the 
Lord came to me, saying... Thou shalt not build. 

- 1 Chronicles 22:7-8

What a blessing my parents gave me! They raised us Catholic and to go to church each week and practice a faith or religion, they raised us to know Jesus and follow and reflect Him. My parents did so much for us in raising us to know God, to pray, to go to church, to have faith and be people of goodwill. They provided me with a wonderful foundation for life which I am so grateful for. Today many do not have this foundation or go to church. I love it and thrive on it. 

The Mornings With God App today said, "There are many people who do preparatory work. A man goes to the West and clears off a piece of ground, building a rude log hut. His son succeeds him, and in the midst of broad, rich acres erects a palatial home. The father’s work was just as necessary and important, in its place, as the son’s. One set of men make the excavation for a great building, and put in the foundations. For weeks they toil away under ground, and then another set of men come, and the walls rise up and a magnificent building is erected. The foundation work is buried, but who will say it is less important than the splendid house built above? It is the same in all Christian work. One prepares the way, another follows and speaks the word which saves. To each one God allots a part, and if we do our own work, God asks nothing more. He accepts our purposes and blesses us for good intentions, though others carry them out."

While I have done a lot in my life as an educator, working with thousands of students, trying to do the best I could by all of them, teaching them, loving them, doing research, service and writing a lot for academia to share best practices for teaching mathematics. I have had a blessed career. My parents provided me with a great foundation for my life and faith and it played an intricate roll in my success in my career which I feel so blessed by. God has been so good to me too, and without my faith, I am not sure I could do all I have. He taught me to pray and persevere, which has helped so much. I feel now like I am in constant prayer with God nonstop. Praying for all so much! Counting my blessings for all. He has given me purpose, blessed all, and allowed me to make a difference in this world, so then others can use my legacy to carry on further. I turned in my application to retire later this year, so I hope it all works out. I have been blessed to be an educator for like 36 years. I cannot complain, I am grateful for God's love and guidance and all my success comes from Him and my parents and a little hard work! 





































Comments