Another Example of a Miracle and the Mercy of God!

When Hezekiah was mortally ill,
the prophet Isaiah, son of Amoz, came and said to him:
"Thus says the LORD: Put your house in order,
for you are about to die; you shall not recover."
Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD:
"O LORD, remember how faithfully and wholeheartedly
I conducted myself in your presence,
doing what was pleasing to you!"
And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah: "Go, tell Hezekiah:
Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David:
I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.
I will heal you: in three days you shall go up to the LORD's temple;
I will add fifteen years to your life.
I will rescue you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria;
I will be a shield to this city."
Isaiah then ordered a poultice of figs to be taken
and applied to the boil, that he might recover.
Then Hezekiah asked,
"What is the sign that I shall go up to the temple of the LORD?"
Isaiah answered:
"This will be the sign for you from the LORD
that he will do what he has promised:
See, I will make the shadow cast by the sun
on the stairway to the terrace of Ahaz
go back the ten steps it has advanced."
So the sun came back the ten steps it had advanced.

~Isaiah 38:1-6, 21-22, 7-8

What a wonderful God we serve! He performs miracles! He also has so much mercy for His beloved children! Look what he did for Hezekiah in this Bible verse in Isaiah. This is why I love Isaiah so much! It is filled with so much wonder and truth! God just wants to love us, He has so much mercy for us, He even performs miracles, daily I am sure, but well documented in the Bible, like in this Bible verse.  God said to Hezekiah, "I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will heal you: in three days you shall go up to the LORD's temple; I will add fifteen years to your life." What mercy He has for us! God just wants us to obey Him, to follow His son and His teachings, to be more like Jesus reflecting and imitating Him, and to be people of goodwill with great faith and trust in Him! Why is it so hard for humans? Why do we sin so much? Why do we live for and let this Earth School world consume us, instead of living in Spirit? We need to stop sinning, being slaves for Satan, and instead, by follows and imitators of Jesus Christ! He is who we need to follow! Do you know you serve and miracle working God with so much mercy for us? Turn to Him, let Him live within, be more like Jesus! God wants to hear our prayers! He knows though what we need, He performs miracles and has great mercy for us who turn to Him! God remembers how faithfully and wholeheartedly we conduct ourselves in His presence, doing what was pleasing to Him! Never forget the miracles and mercy of God! 

We all need God! I love this image in the window at my church, St. Sebastian! 



















































Comments