Are you keeping up appearances and selling out your soul to Satan at the same time?

 

Are you keeping up appearances and selling out your soul to Satan at the same time? There is a famous Britcom with Hyacinth called Keeping up Appearances. It is a very funny show. This lady Hyacinth is always trying to put on airs, but most of the time they backfire and come back to bite her. Today I see a lot of people doing this too. My spouse reminded me about how some neighbors up the road behind us do this a lot. They are always out, making their home so nice, a pristine lawn, washing their cars, bringing home a boat and/or big Winnebago. They are always out and about looking for who they can talk to or impress, but at the same time, every word out of their mouth is the F-word and they are always smoking pot. They seem to like to put on airs a lot, but do not care about their souls or health. Today we also see a lot of hate. So many are brainwashed by a lot of the left leaning biased news, they brainwash for sure, I see it in some family members, they are so biased and always hating and bashing our President and current administration. It is incredible today to see so many blinded by so much hate and TDS. It is sad, but we pray for them. We see many today have to have the latest and best cellphone, the most expensive one. Or get plastered with so many tattoos to draw attention to themselves, so many are consumed by pop culture and having just to fit in. I know some brothers that compete, one gets a motorcycle, so the other one has to, then one buys a camp, so the other has to have one, then, a boat, , more land acres and acres, when does it all stop? Some people just do not care how much hate they project, how negative, full of hate, and misery they are in. I saw this same mentality a lot while working at the university as a professor, so many putting on so many airs. but many never producing anything, low rate publications, bad teaching reviews, little service, and always full of hate and negativity. The haters all seem to stick together I noticed at the university, they are almost always on the liberal left with little rationale, logic, and common sense, always promoting fear, hypotheticals, and living in their clubs of hate and groupthink. Today society takes the side of the criminal, sinner, hater, and lawbreakers, over doing what is right. Now that I am retired, I just do not fall into the competition anymore, I do not want to compete for the best home on the block, the most pristine lawn, to have a boat or Camper, to put on airs, or trying to keep up with appearances. I am focused on God, following Jesus the best I can, and reflecting, forgiving, imitating, and loving like Him! My number one priority is getting into Heaven and being loving, kind, and forgiving while here, praying, counting my blessings, staying positive, loving, and joyful in the Lord! I am not going to worry about keeping up appearances like so many today, who do it, but then have tainted souls, pot filled lungs, and filthy mouths, and full of hate, negativity, and living in misery. I want happiness and peace in my life, I know that Jesus is they way, the truth, and the life, He is the only one I need to keep up my appearance for! Live for Jesus! 



















Do you have to have the latest slim line phone like Hyacinth brags about? 















Comments

Popular Posts