The best is always ahead of us if we are truly following Christ!
I press toward... the prize.
~Philippians 3:14
I know I talk about this daily, how we need to follow Jesus, we need to reflect, forgive, imitate, and love like Him! The promise God has for us when we do is the most important thing in our lives! Our goal needs to be to have life eternal in Heaven with Jesus, all we need to do is follow Him, live like Him, have faith, turn from all sin, and love like Jesus! Today it is hard for all to love. Vanity, ego, hate, envy, jealousy, insecurities, they all cause people to turn from God, many today live godless lives, not thinking about Jesus, reading the Bible, or living for a higher purpose. They live for things of this world. I saw it in old classmates, some have not changed at all in 50 years, they are still the same, stuck up, think they are better, treat others poorly, and are just plain insecure mean girls. I know two of them I wrote to over the recent years, they cannot even write back or say thank you, they live for this world, not caring how they hurt others, being stuck up and self-centered, just really insecure. Some today too are full of hate toward our President, their hate makes them look so ugly, they are blinded by hate, negative, and living in misery. Instead of putting Jesus first and following Him, making living like Him their priority!
The Mornings With God App today said, "The best is always ahead of us if we are truly following Christ. Life is like climbing a mountain, and we never reach the summit in this world. Paul admits that he hasn’t reached the end of his race, but he presses on with tireless energy and enthusiasm. He forgets what is behind him. Some people live in the past, constantly talking about what they’ve accomplished. Paul had done many great things, but he didn’t dwell on them—he didn’t even take the time to record them. He was too focused on moving forward, reaching for higher goals, greater victories, and the ultimate prize of eternal life. Paul’s example is inspiring—an old apostle, still pressing on, his eyes fixed on the true goal of his life. We should take this lesson to heart." Found at: https://www.youdevotion.com/ mornings/september/19
I had a blessed career. I was a late bloomer, I never knew I would go to college, my high school did not guide me in that direction in the 70's and 80's. God really guided me and I ended up getting a AS, BS, MA, and Ph.D. so many degrees, I was a math teacher and professor for almost 40 years. I did so much. I published over 100 peer-reviewed papers and won so many teaching awards, I loved what I did, I had a blessed career. It was a wonderful career and I was blessed. God blessed me so. Now He has me writing this blog, sharing with others the miracles and love of God, telling me to write about Jesus, the Bible, His miracles and how we need to follow, reflect, forgive, imitate, and love like Jesus! Our higher goal should be to get into Heaven, to be disciples for Christ, helping others. The greatest victory and ultimate prize is life eternal in Heaven with Jesus and this is what matters, not our past, or sin, but that we are turning from all hate, sin, and lawlessness and following Jesus, radiating Him, always trying to love like Him! I do have a warning to all of this, when you try to live like Jesus, it hurts, you are hated, persecuted, see so much sin and evil, it hurts for sure. picking up your cross and following Jesus is not easy at all, it is painful, but all we can do is put our trust in the Lord, let Him guide us, try to imitate Jesus the best we can, and just love like Him, even when we do things in love, it hurts, people will not reciprocate, they will not appreciate you, and they may even ignore and cancel you, love hurts, but Jesus reinforces this idea that this is our ultimate goal in getting into Heaven, loving all even when it is not appreciated, as persecuted, we are blessed by the Lord, may we never forget, don't fall to their level of things of this world, stay focused on the prize, press toward it!
Enjoy my websites/blogs at:
https://themiraclesofgod.blogspot.com/
https://unbornlivesmattertogod.blogspot.com/
https://alllivesmattertogod.blogspot.com/
https://thetruthmatterstogod.blogspot.com/
https://verolakeestates.blogspot.com/
https://alllivesmattertogod.blogspot.com

Comments
Post a Comment
The Truth-God is Truth and Love