The Kingdom of God is at hand!

The Kingdom of God is at hand! Repent! Turn from sin and believe! The mass reading today is a good one for sure! A good reminder for all of us, to repent, turn from sin, and believe!  We are called to be disciples for Christ! We are called to believe. To put all our trust in the Lord like Job! I believe! I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living! While this world seems crazy, lawless, and hard to understand all the upside down craziness, all we can do it put our trust in God, follow Jesus, try out best to reflect, forgive, imitate, and love like Him! Some people are not taking these words seriously from the Bible readings and mass today, but we need to turn from sin. We need to love! We need to help others, be kind, and let others know about Jesus! I pray this blog is helping many to come to Christ! To love like Him! To turn from sin, hate, and lawlessness and realize the Kingdom of God is really at hand! Repent and believe like Job did! 



Memorial of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Virgin and Doctor of the Church

Lectionary: 458

Reading 1

Job said:

Pity me, pity me, O you my friends,
for the hand of God has struck me!
Why do you hound me as though you were divine,
and insatiably prey upon me?

Oh, would that my words were written down!
Would that they were inscribed in a record:
That with an iron chisel and with lead
they were cut in the rock forever!
But as for me, I know that my Vindicator lives,
and that he will at last stand forth upon the dust;
Whom I myself shall see:
my own eyes, not another’s, shall behold him,
And from my flesh I shall see God;
my inmost being is consumed with longing.

R. (13) I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
Hear, O LORD, the sound of my call;
have pity on me, and answer me.
Of you my heart speaks; you my glance seeks.
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
Your presence, O LORD, I seek.
Hide not your face from me;
do not in anger repel your servant.
You are my helper: cast me not off.
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.

 

 

Alleluia

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Kingdom of God is at hand;
repent and believe in the Gospel.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.



Jesus appointed seventy-two other disciples
whom he sent ahead of him in pairs
to every town and place he intended to visit.
He said to them,
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few;
so ask the master of the harvest
to send out laborers for his harvest.
Go on your way;
behold, I am sending you like lambs among wolves.
Carry no money bag, no sack, no sandals;
and greet no one along the way.
Into whatever house you enter, first say,
‘Peace to this household.’
If a peaceful person lives there,
your peace will rest on him;
but if not, it will return to you.
Stay in the same house and eat and drink what is offered to you,
for the laborer deserves his payment.
Do not move about from one house to another.
Whatever town you enter and they welcome you,
eat what is set before you,
cure the sick in it and say to them,
‘The Kingdom of God is at hand for you.’
Whatever town you enter and they do not receive you,
go out into the streets and say,
‘The dust of your town that clings to our feet,
even that we shake off against you.’
Yet know this: the Kingdom of God is at hand.
I tell you, 
it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day 
than for that town.”




Enjoy all of my websites/blogs at:



Comments

Popular Posts