Why Catholics are Right, a book that will make you think for sure! No more excuses!

 


Why Catholics are Right, a book that will make you think for sure! No more excuses! I have been reading this book now for a few weeks. It is very compelling as a Catholic of 63+ years. I agree, so many make so many excuses for everything. I guess most of the protestant churches did this and that is why they branched out. I do agree with the author about the excuses. He talks a lot about communion, sin, abortion, homosexuality, and so much more. It is a very thoughtful book and he is good at proving his points. 

In Why Catholics Are Right , author, columnist, and practicing Catholic Michael Coren examines four main aspects of Catholicism as they are encountered, understood, and more importantly, misunderstood today. Beginning with a frank examination of the tragedy of the Catholic clergy abuse scandal, Coren addresses some of them most common attacks on Catholics and Catholicism. Tracing Catholic history, he deconstructs popular and frequent anti-Catholic arguments regarding the Church and the Crusades, the Inquisition, Galileo, and the Holocaust. He examines Catholic theology and central pillars of Catholic belief, explaining why Catholics believe what they papal infallibility, immaculate conception, the Church rather than Bible alone. Finally, he explores the dignity of life argument and why it is so important to Catholicism.

In this challenging and thought-provoking book, Michael Coren demolishes often propagated myths about the Church's beliefs and teachings, and in doing so, opens a window onto Catholicism, which, he writes, "is as important now as it ever was and perhaps even more necessary."

As a society today we do make a lot of excuses for sin, hate, and lawlessness. I see so much of it daily, especially coming from the liberal left. No one ever wants you to talk about sin or point it out. God forbid. So many excuses today for abortion for sure, the killing of a baby, a human being, one of us. We are a society of a million excuses, trying to always justify all, I guess like the King of England did when he wanted a divorce and the church would not grant it and he had to switch religions or create a new one for his sin or excuse. This is a book worth reading, when you adhere to the Bible, God, and Jesus, doing what we are called to do as humans, doing what is right, then we do not need to make anymore excuses or justify something wrong. We really should all know right from wrong, it is in us all from God. I am sure this book will make you think for sure! Catholicism is a beautiful faith. I thank my parents for raising me Catholic and to know Jesus! 




Comments

Popular Posts