Blessed By the Life of St. Francis of Assisi, His Peaceful and Humble Life and Love of Jesus Christ is So Beautiful!

 

The Life of St. Francis of Assisi Movie on GodTube

We watched this movie last night! I have seen a few movies on his life, this one was nice likely from the 50-60's, very very touching! They shared so much of his life and prayers and blessings. I have always loved the Prayer of St. Francis and being an instrument of peace and a light for others. My mother wanted his prayer to be on her prayer card for her funeral.  I highly recommend the movie and learning about the life of St. Francis. They also share a lot about St. Clare too, as she was from the same area. I will include the prayer of St. Francis below. His life is a blessing to all of us to live up to, now you know why he became a saint. Pax et Bonum – meaning 'Peace and All Good' - is the phrase that was loved St. Francis of Assisi. He began and ended his letters and sermons with this simple but meaningful phrase. Very very nice! 


Peace Prayer of Saint Francis de Assisi
 
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.












Comments