Don’t Rely on Popes, Bishops, and Priests to Save Your Soul, Often they Only Steal Your Soul or Dampen Your Spirits! It is Up to Us!

 

“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”

“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”

- Archbishop Fulton Sheen

I love my Catholic faith! I thank God daily my parents brought us all up Catholic. It is beautiful and to be so connected to Jesus and have such strong faith in Him. Know He will always be there for us. I know God loves me. His mercy is so great. Jesus died for our sins. I try my best not to sin. I am not perfect, none of us are. I know His grace is sufficient for me. I want to live and be an example like Him. My mother always used to say I should be a priest, but I didn't, just a professor. I do my best to live by the example Jesus gave us nonetheless. Every time I receive the Holy Communion, Jesus, I ask Him to help make me more like Him and a good person. I want to follow His teachings, the 10 Commandments, to be a person of goodwill. I am not perfect, but always working on it. Recently, we switched churches, as the old priest a younger man priest would never be bothered with us. He was very indifferent and not loving, welcoming, or Christ-like from my 60 years of going to Catholic Church, he was not nice to us. So we switched and found a new church with an older priest who was so loving and kind, very Christ-like. We have been at peace not at our new church. The old priest we would see in our gym too, but he would never bother with us there. Until the other day he asked if we still went there, we said no, we switched to a better church that was more welcoming, loving, and Christ-filled. He took offense, I just feel so many priests do not practice what they preach. They are hypocrites, not all, but some. One other I know was not celibate and was always going around having hookups with other men, not telling them he was a Catholic Priest, misleading, hurting people. There are a lot of loving priest, Father John is one of them. I had a lot of priests growing up. 60 now, this one priest was the first to make me wonder how could be be a priest, why? He does not act like one at all. Bishop Sheen is correct, that we are the church and need to call them on it. be upright, holy, practice what you preach, be more like Jesus, loving, kind, and welcoming. Being a priest is serious business, the title doesn't make you, your actions do. Be more like Jesus, that should be the aim of all of us. Sometimes you just have to call them on their bad behavior! Keep the faith and never abandon it for a bad priest. Spending eternity in Heaven with Jesus is worth it! 

























Comments