Humility and the Fear of the Lord; Brings Wealth and Honor and Life!

 

Humility and the fear of the Lord; brings wealth and honor and life.

-Proverbs 22:4

I like this Bible verse about the importance of humility. We all need to be more humble. Unfortunately, today so many are so full of ego and selfishness, being self-serving, greedy, and even corrupt. Many like to be so sanctimonious and above all, or as if they have done so much. Today, many are so geared toward kissing up, moving up, acting above others, and spouting how much they have done. It is tiring to see so many today how they behave. Even driving, so aggressively or cutting someone off. So many do so much to seek attention to themselves. Where is the humility? Why more people not humble? I like this Bible verse, we need to be humble, to love the Lord and respect and obey Him, this is what brings true wealth, honor and a good life! Many who do not read the Bible or go to church may never even think about this. Their ego hurts them. People are turned off by people with huge egos or show-offs or attention seekers. Being humble is what God wants us to do. Sometimes being humble even means we have to be honest and speak the truth. While the truth hurts sometimes, it helps people to grow too, so it is not a bad thing. I thank God ever single day for my humble upbringing. My parents, my education, my profession, siblings, spouse, and faith. My faith is what propels me, God is so good to me. I am glad I knew Jesus as a young boy and always went to religion classes. I just want to be like Jesus the best I can here on this Earth School, and then spend eternity in Heaven with Him when I leave this crazy world. Rejoicing in the Lord every single day, being humble, and loving Jesus! 



























Comments