A New Year's Blessing, The Aaronic Blessing, I Sent/Texted this to Most of My Family and Friends Today!

 

The LORD said to Moses:  
“Speak to Aaron and his sons and tell them:  
This is how you shall bless the Israelites.
Say to them:  
The LORD bless you and keep you!  
The LORD let his face shine upon      
you, and be gracious to you!  
The LORD look upon you kindly and      
give you peace!
So shall they invoke my name upon the Israelites,  
and I will bless them.”

~Numbers 6:22-27

I just saw that the mass reading today included this blessing. I love it! I like to watch Discovering the Jews Jesus each day during the week with Rabbi Schneider and he always ends his program with this blessing. I decided this morning that I would send/text it to my family and some friends since it is nice for the New Year. It is certainly fitting for the first day of the new year as a blessing for the year for all God's people. God told Moses to have his son Aaron to speak this blessing to all His people. It is beautiful! I wanted to share it and wish all who read this blog that I pray the blessing/prayer for all people. Like the Jabez Prayer that I like to say each day, but I like to say it in the plural for all people, I think God wants us to pray for and bless others, I only hope and pray all are blessed, find Jesus, and let Him live in them, that we can all be in union with Christ living like Him in this world! We are called to live like Christ, God gave us Him as an example.  In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets like Moses with this prayer; in these last days, he has spoken to us through His Son Jesus. So we can then all have great peace. God is the same then and now and wants us to have His blessings and peace. God blessed! 
















































Comments