If You Hadn’t Been There!
If You Hadn’t Been There By Dolly Parton
To play this song, please click on one of the links below at:
https://soundcloud.com/dollyparton/if-you-hadnt-been-there
or
https://www.shazam.com/song/1800337011/if-you-hadnt-been-there
Stablish and keep my settled heart;
In Thee may all my wanderings cease,
From Thee no more may I depart:
Thy utmost goodness called to prove,
Loved with an everlasting love!
—C. Wesley
Oh, you are my rock a soft place to land my wings, my confidence you understand your willingness beyond compare no, I wouldn't be here If you hadn't been there! I love this song by Dolly! It is her tribute to her husband Carl Dean of almost 60 years of marriage after he died 18 months before Dolly. How sad, I am sure she missed him. Now they are together in Heaven with Jesus! They had a blessed marriage, she was out busy with her career, he wanted a low profile life and stayed home, but always there for her. Carl was a lot like God. This song also reminds me of how God is with all of us. He is always there for us, and if He wasn't then we may not do well in life. God gave us Jesus, He is our gift, our role model to follow, we are called to reflect, forgive, imitate, and love like Him! He is our rock! Thank you Dolly for your music and discipleship for Jesus Christ! Praying you enjoy my website, The Miracles of God at: https://themiraclesofgod.blogspot.com/ Thank you Jesus, Heaven changes everything! RIP Dolly and Carl!
[Verse 1]
If you hadn't been there
Where would I be?
Without your trust
Love and belief
The ups and downs
We've always shared
And I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
[Verse 2]
If you hadn't been you
Well, who would I be?
You've always seen
The best in me
Your loving arms
Have cradled me
You held me close
And I believe
[Chorus]
I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
Holding my hand
Showing you care
You made me dream
More than I dared
And I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
[Bridge]
Oh, you are my rock
A soft place to land
My wings, my confidence
You understand
Your willingness
Beyond compare
No, I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
[Chorus]
I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
Pushing me on
When I was scared
I thank God and you
Oh, for your loving care
And for giving me love
With more to spare
You made me climb
And top the stairs
[Outro]
I wouldn't be here
I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
Oh, I wouldn't be here
If you hadn't been there
Written by: Dolly Parton

Comments
Post a Comment
The Truth-God is Truth and Love